CNPA Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CNPA Forums

General Discussion

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fix Your Laptop Keyboard Without Paying Through Your NoseFix

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ipadkeyboard

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2011-03-17

Fix Your Laptop Keyboard Without Paying Through Your NoseFix Empty
PostSubject: Fix Your Laptop Keyboard Without Paying Through Your NoseFix   Fix Your Laptop Keyboard Without Paying Through Your NoseFix EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 1:43 am

I was typing on my Dell laptop a few years ago, when my two year old saw all the pretty black things that Daddy was typing on with his fingers. I made the mistake of getting up and going to the other side of the room for a few seconds. When I got back, my left hand "Ctrl" button was pulled off, a victim of my daughter's fast (and small) hands.

I figured that it would be a simple thing to put it back on. A half hour later, I realized how wrong I was. No matter what I did, I couldn't snap the key back on myDell Laptop Keyboard . Absolutely frustrating, considering how easy it came off.

I lived with that broken key for the longest time, but you don't have to, because I'm going to help you out if you have a broken key... or a full-on broken keyboard. This is how to fix it.

First off, all laptop keyboard keys are essentially the same, though the parts may be different. If you still have the key, and just need to put it back on, and still have all the parts, the actual key, and the retainer (usually a white, ring shaped piece of plastic that goes under the key and gives the key the spring back up after you hit it), you're in good shape.

To understand how the retainer works in relationship to the actual key, gently pry off one of the other keys, and see how the retainer is placed under the key, and do the same to your broken key, placing the broken key back onto your keyboard.

If you don't have the original key, you don't have to buy and entire keyboard to fix it. There are plenty of places that sell replacement laptop keys individually. Search for "replacement keyboard keys" or "replacement laptop keys" on your favorite search engine.

If you need to replace your entireDell Laptop Keyboard , you need to make sure that you know exactly what your doing. Many people think that replacing a keyboard is a quick and easy thing, and it can be... if you know what you're replacing and changing. The laptop repair guide had videos for just about every model of keyboard, and detailed instructions so you know every step before, during and after you change your keyboard out.

Many people have used the guide to save hundreds of dollars in laptop repair costs. And because they did it at home, they got their computer up and running again in hours, instead of waiting days.

If you've got a keyboard problem, and want to save money and time, the laptop repair guide is a perfect solution for you.
Back to top Go down

Fix Your Laptop Keyboard Without Paying Through Your NoseFix
Page 1 of 1