CNPA Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CNPA Forums

General Discussion

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ethics and exclusivity

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EricaCNPA

EricaCNPA

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2007-06-13

Ethics and exclusivity Empty
PostSubject: Ethics and exclusivity   Ethics and exclusivity EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 7:16 pm

Quote :
According to Mabie and other sources close to the situation, station management attempted in recent weeks to negotiate a deal with Sacred Heart Hospital in which TV-13 would run medical stories featuring personnel from that hospital and its affiliates but not employees of other Chippewa Valley hospitals or clinics.

That didn't sit well with Mabie, who said an exclusive deal with Sacred Heart posed an obvious conflict of interest that called the newsroom's objectivity into question. Mabie said he was unsure whether the hospital would pay TV-13 as part of the agreement.

"My problem with this is it was going to dictate newsroom content," said Mabie, whose last day at TV-13 was Friday. "I told myself that I could not with a clear conscience go into that newsroom and tell the staff that this was a good thing."

Read the whole story

Exclusivity in journalism? Houston, we've got a problem. I think Marty beat me to that particular line, but it still applies!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cnpa.com

Ethics and exclusivity
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CNPA Forums :: Welcome! :: CNPA General Forum-
Jump to: