CNPA Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CNPA Forums

General Discussion

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Facebook

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EricaCNPA

EricaCNPA

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2007-06-13

Facebook Empty
PostSubject: Facebook   Facebook EmptyFri Jul 27, 2007 6:37 pm

Curious journalist started this Facebook group, and it is well worth checking out. Over a thousand members and counting.

Do you use Facebook? I'd registered for an account some time ago, but didn't really think about it until Rob Curley mentioned it. I went back to my hotel room and scrunched up my forehead until I remembered the password, then went to work! I'm hardly a hub of activity, but I've got a few friends and groups that I now check daily.

Quote :
First, it makes us take a hard look at the way lots of journalists use Facebook these days. I'll admit I did it. Last summer, while I was covering higher education for a newspaper in Delaware, a student died in her dormitory. I went on Facebook, looked up some of her friends and even wrote a story about how her wall had become a make-shift memorial.

It also makes us consider an important ethical concern. How should we interact with sources on Facebook, a place on which we house our personal online identity and through which we interact with our friends and family? Other group members raised this question directly. One asked, "Should we Facebook friend our sources?" Another, "Should journalists support politicians on Facebook?"

Read the whole Poynter story
Back to top Go down
http://www.cnpa.com

Facebook
Page 1 of 1